Friday, July 1, 2011

2011 Half Marathon

May 8th, Mother's Day, I ran my second half
marathon. What a great way to celebrate Mother's
Day! The only thing that would have been better is
if my mom and Jeremy's mom would have
been here to celebrate with us!

Will and Rhett waiting for the race to start.
Jeremy had them set with breakfast, snacks and signs.

Just starting the race...when I see my family...I just
SMILE!!

At mile 6...letting Jeremy know that I am doing
GREAT! I was so happy! (especially since I had not
ran in over a week...I had strep!)

Finishing the race...lots of emotions...I am an emotional
person! I carried that kleenex the whole race.
Beat my last years time...this year 2:19, last year 2:32!
It was the BEST run I had ever had!

Will took lots of pics with my phone.

Finally getting to see Carrie. We did not see
her before the race started, so I was excited to know
how the race went for her 1st half...it was great for her too!

Carmen, Christa, Carrie and me

me and my buddy...Will

My biggest supporters!

Christa, her brother and dad

Carrie and her running partner talking with J.

me and Christa

me and my boys

Of course, Woody joined Rhett!

This was such a great day! I will never forget it!
Now, I have got to get back to running! Next race,
October, full marathon relay...can't wait!

No comments: